What is the National Youth Network (NYN)?
National Youth Network (NYN) is part of the Creative Youth Development (CYD) Movement. Along with creativity, CYD centers the values of Racial Equity and Social Justice, Youth Voice and Leadership, and Collective Action in and with the community.
Who can be a part of the NYN?
The NYN is made up of young people (ages 13-24) from all across the United States. We are part of the CYD Movement and are committed to honoring young people’s lived experiences and supporting their stories, ideas, and dreams through creative expression.
What does the NYN do?
We come together to artistically explore different art forms, challenges, and opportunities to thrive together.
We have conversations about things that matter to us such as:
- Social justice
- Different art forms
- Youth and Adult collaboration
- What it mean to be a youth artist in the United States
- The education system and the importance of the arts in it
- Creating resources for young artists
- Mental health/Health and wellness
We artistically reflect and create.
We collaborate and explore different art forms.
We come together through digital workshops and celebrations
How can I get involved?
Join an NYN Meeting
Follow us on Instagram – and share your content in our feed
You’re on Insta. We’re on Instra. So share your images with us! We’re looking for:
- All types of art forms
- Youth Leadership
- Adults doing the work to support young people
- Resources for young artist
- Young artist work and how to support them
- Youth led and organized events
- Social justice arts
- Arts workshops for young people
- Arts events
Contact Paula Ortega, Youth Coordinator, about Instagram.